Sunday 16 February 2014

SWARTVLEI BEACH


One of the beaches really close to me in Sedgefield where I live is Swartvlei (Black Lagoon)Beach.
it's a couple of kilometres long and stretches from the estuary mouth in the east to Gericke's Point in the west. The central portion is wide and open (where I shot the following images) and the western end has some really interesting rock formations culminating in Gericke's Point - a rocky outcrop and the western end. Last Thursday early morning was overcast, but I decided to go down and see what I could capture.
Below are some moody, long exposure seascapes which I rather like - I feel there's a certain peacefulness to them despite the brooding feel and the muted tones are a change from the usual reds & oranges...






No comments:

Post a Comment